Saturday, May 7, 2016

You can't make this stuff up

I arrived in Bangkok today, found my hotel, then walked to the amulet market. I remembered this shop from previous visits and was browsing their wares when I realized I was looking at Bugs Bunny standing between the Buddha and Christ. There were many, many little bronze images, almost all of religious figures, but only one cartoon character in the bunch. Why Bugs rated a place on the shelf is beyond me and I didn't try to ask. And people wonder why I travel.

5 comments:

  1. I am so pleased to see a culture that appreciates his omnipotence.
    What's up, Doc? A question we should all be continually asking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This just makes me laugh!! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Also, thanks so much for keeping us in the loop! I love your travels!! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just returned from the annual 2-day bike trip from Athens to Savannah--207 miles at my fastest time ever--and this is my first check of the blog since Thursday. LOVE this! Dan does too, by the way. :)

    ReplyDelete