Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Things I saw this morning

Bowls of live cicadas with their wings clipped, being sold for food.

Women at the market wearing drop dead gorgeous hand woven skirts.

A cute little girl being told by her father to say "sabaidee" (Hello) to me.

A very old man sitting on the sidewalk tuning his two stringed fiddle-like instrument that he plays to solicit money. Some might call him a beggar, some a busker.

Two Lao people already in the tuk tuk I hoped to take to the airport and the driver stopping anyway and picking me up. I don't know where they were going, but we came to the airport first.

A shelf in a shop here at the airport displaying figures of copulating couples directly under a shelf of Buddha figures.

A display of dragons that were standing on their hind legs. The only other ones in that pose I can remember were from Oaxaca.

1 comment:

  1. Not so sure about the cicadas! 😳 But the rest sounds really intriguing! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete