Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Luang Prabang

I have been here in Laos for two days, staying in the Lao Lu Lodge. When I walk out of the hotel gate into the lane and look right, I can see the Mekong River. Even this far north it is a big river.

Luang Prabang, or at least the old city, is a World Heritage site. That means buses and trucks are not allowed on the streets. It is a peaceful place to walk around viewing the sights. The sights consist of some old buildings and a bunch of wats.

Each morning at dawn monks walk through the streets receiving alms. The procession has become a tourist attraction, which would be OK if people kept their distance. They don't, though, and get right in the monk's faces to take photos.

Speaking of, I've been visiting wats and just walking the streets, taking photos. I really enjoy walking around with a camera and being able to photograph at will. It's a popular hobby and lots of other people enjoy it too.

Tomorrow I will go to Vientiane for a couple of days.

5 comments:

  1. http://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/IOTD/view.php?id=87981&src=eoa-iotd
    Looks like you will be witness to quite the weather event during your travels. At least it will tamp down the competition.
    Be good at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has indeed been hot since I have been in SE Asia. Around 100 every day. Or 38, if one is in sync with most of the world.

      Delete
  2. Wow! This photo is worthy of National Geographic--or a calendar, etc. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The kicker is that I took that shot with my phone.

      Delete
  3. I agree with MC and these phone shots are pretty impressive!! Sounds like a fascinating place!!

    ReplyDelete