Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Back in Ubud

We got up this morning on Gili Air and had a slow couple of hours eating breakfast (banana pancake for Laurie, jaffle for me, fresh fruit for both of us), packing and waiting for the horse cart to take us to catch the "fast boat" back to Bali. We requested the cart so I wouldn't have to carry my bags to the dock, but I was able to walk much better today, which is a relief.

Tourists use fast boats to get to and from the Gilis. There are many boat companies, some better than others. I did a good bit of research before we left home and we were pleased with the company we used, which was Ecka Jaya. They were straightforward and we saw only one piece of luggage dropped in the water as the boat was being unloaded in Padangbai. The boat was comfortable and they showed "Whitehouse Down" going and coming. No sound from the TVs, but garbled subtitles were on the bottoms of the monitors.

We are back at the Bale Bali Inn in Ubud and it feels like home. We appear to be the only guests at the moment and the owner and his family seemed pleased to see us, as we were them. We plan to go on some day trips and to enjoy this small hotel for a few days.

2 comments:

  1. Probably not intentionally funny, but I chuckled at your comment about "only one" piece of luggage being dropped into the water. Glad you're able to relax and enjoy the little hotel that feels like home. And I envy your view from the restaurant.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with everything MC said!!😀

    ReplyDelete