Sunday, April 10, 2016

Airport again.

On past journeys we have spent long hours in bus and train stations. These days it's all about airports. One never knows what the traffic will be like between Ubud and the Denpasar airport, so our host recommended that we leave at 10 to catch a three o'clock flight.
We had lunch here at the airport and it was the best airport meal I ever had. Nasi jinggo  - steamed rice and chicken and egg and spices. For dessert we shared a creampuff from Beard Papa pastry shop - I could pass as a double for their logo.

Yesterday we went for a five mile walk through the outskirts of Ubud. We saw temples, rice fields, and then walked a mile or so on a busy, narrow road, which was not much fun. It was worth it, though, because we passed a couple of low walls that had the strangest carved statues on them. Dozens of figures that ranged got ordinary images of people to fantastic faces that looked like something from a nightmare.

1 comment:

  1. I'm just now seeing the pictures! I was away and they didn't show up on my phone although I could read your comments. Your blog is great and I love seeing where you are. The walk, the festival, the meal at the airport - it all sounds perfect! Love you both!

    ReplyDelete