Wednesday, April 18, 2018

Huangshan day two

We spent the night on the mountain and I left our room at 5:20 to catch the sunrise. I was really hoping to see the sea of clouds or at least some wispy clouds below the peaks, but the weather was clear. The light on the crags was pretty, all the same.

After breakfast we started walking to the Jade Screen cable car station, along with hundreds of other hikers. I say "hikers" but stair climbers and decenders is more like it. We went up and down stairs for over four miles. Our legs were still feeling yesterday's activity, which didn't make it easier. For over half the way the path was so crowded we had to move at the same pace as everyone else. There was spectacular scenery most of the way, though, and we were glad to be seeing it. We decided we were happy to have visited Huangshan but we wouldn't do it a second time.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome! Love your details. 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with MC and just think about all the calories you worked off! All the more dumplings you can eat! 😀

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m wondering if you found the steps “short” ... that the feet of the Chinese are shorter than Americans, so you need to constantly watch where you step so you don’t trip? Four miles of stairs is impressive! Are you still managing a “few” photos amid the crowds & steps & people? Lol. Have you purchased a “selfie stick” yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. No selfie stick, but I have learned to search my viewfinder for ones stuck out in front of me. The steps in Huangshan varied a lot, some small and some OK.

    ReplyDelete