Saturday, September 30, 2017

Photos from 2015

Miscellaneous photos from our trip to Tibet and Thailand in 2015
The first photos are from the flagpole raising ceremony at Tarboche.
There's something happening here

Two moms with two kids


The top of the flagpole

The man sitting on the pole is adding prayer flags to it

Mt. Kailash in the background



A difference in rooms. We prefer hot water, a flush toilet and clean sheets, but sometimes...
A "guesthouse" room on the kora around Mt. Kailash. Laurie and I had the room to ourselves, but, if it had been busy, we would have shared with strangers.

A room at the Vieng Mantra hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand, a few days later.

Waiting for dark to take photos of the Potala Palace in Lhasa. One or two other people had the same idea.


That's it for this post. I wanted to share a few pictures from our trip to Tibet because I couldn't post from China.


1 comment:

  1. These are beautiful! I love the colorful clothes and all the other bright colors you captured! And I think I would like the second hotel room better, too! 😀

    ReplyDelete